vendredi 26 août 2016

New chicks--splayed legs

DefaultNew chicks--splayed legs


I hatched some chicks and noticed 2 of them had their legs splayed out to the sides and were swimming in the brooder. Since these were guineas, and they were 2 white ones, I thought maybe was a dna disorder. So I called my farming guru (she's been farming abt 70 yrs, was in a wheelchair for 3 yrs and out works me!, she has a 44 acre farm and about 100 animals all kinds)anyway, she said to put a narrow strip of masking tape (I used electrical)around their legs the correct width apart. Results within 48hrs they were keeping up with their clutch mates, took the tape off and they are fine. Who know! Just thought I would post this here and maybe help someone else out.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New chicks--splayed legs

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire