mardi 27 septembre 2016

Help Choosing a Budget-Minded Hunting Rifle?

So I'm going to try and tap in to the wealth of knowledge here, because I am looking for a modern, budget-minded hunting rifle. Let me preface this with a little information - a) I have not hunted for anything other than small game in close to 5 or 6 years, b) I cannot afford to pay more than $500 for the entire firearm package (rifle, optic, rings/mount, etc), and c) I will not modify a mil-surp rifle to meet my needs for this.

What I am looking for here is guidance on what I'm looking for, *not* suggestions of actual firearms, per se.

So I want to include my state's hunting laws in this because I believe it may be somewhat relevant on the matter:
- Semi-auto firearms are legal
- Magazine-fed rifles are limited to a 6 round magazine
- No full-auto (I can't afford full-auto anyways lol)
- Cartridge must produce 1,000 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle
- For hunting elk, the cartridge must produce 1,700 ft/lbs of energy at the muzzle and cannot have a smaller bore diameter of .243"

If you guys could offer help and guidance in selecting a rifle and other items I would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions for information from me that you need to help me, let me know and I can answer it. Thank you.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Help Choosing a Budget-Minded Hunting Rifle?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire