dimanche 25 septembre 2016

Thrunite Archer flashlight ultimate torture test

Review of the Thurnite Archer 1A V3 flashlight. Awhile back I did a review of the ThruNite TN12. The TN12 took everything I threw at it and kept working. With the Thrunite Archer I decided up up the game and add some different test.

Disclosure: The Thurnite Archer was sent to me at no cost to myself. This will not affect my opinion of the flashlight and hopefully will not affect your opinion.


Thrunite Archer specs from the website:
  • LED: CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
  • Modes & Run-time:
  • Firefly: 0.1lumen(17days);
  • Low: 17 lumen (22hours);
  • Medium: 75 lumen (5hours)
  • High: 200 lumen (115minutes);
  • Strobe: 200 lumen (3.5hours).
  • Max output: 200 lumens using one Ni-Mh AA battery.
  • Max run time: 17days (Firefly mode)
  • Working voltage: 0.9v to 5.0v.
  • Battery: 1 AA
  • Max beam distance: 66 meters.
  • Peak beam intensity: 1088cd.
  • Impact resistant: 1.5 meters.
  • Waterproof to IPX-8 Standard (1.5meters)
  • Weight: 42g without battery
  • Dimensions: 110mm in length, 23mm bezel diameter.
  • Accessories: Pocket clip x1, Spare O-ring x1, Lanyard x1.

In my opinions specs are secondary to reliability. How reliable is the Thrunite Archer? That is what I set out to find.

The torture test:

Freeze test - Froze in a deep freezer at -12 for 17 hours. Why freeze the flashlight? To see if the compressing water could get past the o-rings.

After being frozen, but not shown in the video, the battery was taken out and there was no water inside the light.

Future test I am thinking about covering the light with maybe an inch of water, turning the light on low, then see if the light works when frozen. I have seem electronics stop working when temps reach freezing, such as deer feeder timers. The question I have is will the flashlight work at subzero temps.

After the light was thawed from the block of ice it was left submerged in the water for another 24 hours.

Impact test - The flashlight did not have enough mass to drive nails, so it was duct taped to a framing hammer. With the Thrunite Archer flashlight taped to the hammer head, three 12 penny nails were driven through a 2x4.

One of the worst feelings is when a flashlight is dropped and it stops working.

I do the impact test to simulate the sudden stop from a fall. Will any parts break loose from the impact?

The Thrunite Archer worked just fine after driving all three nails.

Truck test - To simulate the flashlight falling out of a moving vehicle. To make things interesting I tied some trotline string to the flashlight so that it was pulled behind the truck for a little while.

While my fiancee was driving down a country road I tossed the Thrunite Archer over the tailgate of my truck. At first the Archer came to rest, then was jerked when the string was pulled tight.

This was an enjoyable experience. The Thrunite Archer was bouncing all over the road. The light was pulled for a couple of hundred yards. The truck was stopped, I got out, walked to the light, and all the brightness settings worked.

Tire test - the Thrunite Archer was duct taped to the front tire of a Massey Ferguson 231 tractor. The 231 weighs around 4,000 pounds with no attachments. The tractor had a brush hog attached.

I wanted to see if the flashlight would crack, or the bezel break.

Everything works.

Road kill test - the Thrunite Archer was placed on a hard road and then ran over several times with the Massey Ferguson 231 tractor. The last time the bezel was propped on a rock.

Why use a tractor? Why not? Trucks, suvs and cars are common. Let's do something different.

Conclusion

The ThruNite TN12 and the Thrunite Archer are some tough lights.

I do not know what else to say. They took everything I threw at them and they kept on working.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Thrunite Archer flashlight ultimate torture test

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire