vendredi 14 juillet 2017

Pallets for firewood?

Anyone using pallets for firewood successfully? If so, are these primarily oak or pine? If so, how far do you process them or is there a difference.

I have a woodstove but somehow overlooked pallets as fuel. The other day, I went on Craigslist looking for something and hit the Free Stuff instead and saw a mound of pallets. So I kept looking and there must've been 10 ads in my little state, most were pine but there was at least one for oak. The one time I did acquire some, when I had a truck, I cut them up using a Skil Saw and found it to be more trouble than it was worth. Now that I'm retired, I was thinking along the lines of a chainsaw to get them to manageable size and then a band saw. I foresee problems stacking were I OCD but the savings might just be worthwhile if the fuel efficiency is there.

And yes, I did a search here. Did a youtube search too but wasn't impressed with results so would prefer asking here.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Pallets for firewood?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire