vendredi 21 juillet 2017

Using SDR on Raspberry Pi in Berryboot

I have been working on a project for a little while now, using, essentially the raspberry pi 3, 7" touch display, and a case. Instead of using one OS on it, I am using berryboot, which allows you to run multiple OS's on a single sd card. One of which is Debian Jessie. Within Debian, you can install gqrx, along with all the info to make the RTL-SDR dongle work. what is nice, as well, is that the adapter is the same as the wire I bought for my 2meter/70CM mobile. This allows me to see where there is activity instead of searching freq by freq.

The neat thing about this project is that you can run an SDR mobile, very little power consumption, and if your board, you go run your retropie for a bit, then open debian when you are ready. I thought this project was a really neat experiment, especially since I have seen it done, but never in berryboot, since this program uses a squashed version of the OS, and some will not work on it.

You cannot squash the outernet OS, for example. but I was curious if anyone was interested in a little project like this. Also nice that it can run off a little battery pack for foot mobile use.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Using SDR on Raspberry Pi in Berryboot

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire