vendredi 10 novembre 2017

Dealing with frozen water - BOB & GHB

Sitting here this morning, and looked at my weather website. It's currently 16 F degrees. Soon it will be light, and I'll be letting the chickens out of their coops. I know I'm going to be changing their water out at least 3 times today, because even with 3 gallon waterers the water is going to freeze in only a couple hours.

1. But, it occurred to me that if you carry bottled water in your car or truck it's also going to be frozen. Say you're at work and can't carry your bag inside with you. You might be located in a city or suburb where you can't just build a campfire. You want to be able to move and get home instead of wasting time thawing water, on the other hand you won't get far without hydration, especially in winter.

How do you deal with the frozen water (plastic bottle filled with ice) in an emergency situation?

2. If you had a few liters of water in a backpack style bag, and had to bug out, how far can you walk before the water in your pack freezes? Wearing a parka is to keep your body heat inside the outer layer, so I would think that body heat escaping would not be enough to prevent the water from freezing in a pack.

I'm considering some water carrying pockets inside my parka. But, I would be needing a much bigger parka. That's more than a few added inches.

Need ideas for arctic type weather.

1. Your water's already frozen and you have to go now.

2. Your water isn't frozen when you leave, but you need to keep it that way.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Dealing with frozen water - BOB & GHB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire