Already have an Old Town 174 canoe but have some money earmarked for a piece of fitness equipment and a kayak is acceptable. Trouble is, except for one trip down a lazy river, I have no experience or knowledge on using them. It will mostly be used on local lakes but every time I go to the beach (Texas Gulf) I'm thinking those waves may be fun. At the same time, I would like something a little more versitle than just exercise, should the need/opportunity present itself. Yesterday I was told that the sit on were more stable than the sit in, and were better for surf. Anyone here have experience with these things? I'm not really a fisherman but would not rule that completely out, just not a priority. What else could a kayak be used for and what other factors should I consider. I'm looking in the $300-$400 range. What are pros/cons of sit in vs sit on? I've read that 10 - 12 feet is the recommended length for surf and then there is tracking...
Thanks
Let's block ads! (Why?)
Fitness kayak advice needed.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire