dimanche 31 décembre 2017

Anybody sick with cold/flu/etc. over the holidays?

I haven't yet, and sincerely hope I don't.

I had H1N1 when it was going around four or five years ago and spent Christmas Eve in a doc-in-the-box and then in the pharmacy line at Walgreens. I sincerely hope to not repeat the experience.

I don't get out a lot in public, and I'm neurotic about using hand sanitizer on shopping cart handles. I keep a big bottle of it in the vehicles, and paper towels, and I use it liberally. I kind of wish Americans would copy the Japanese model of wearing a surgical-type face mask when sick.

I understood that the current flu strain that is causing so many issues (H3N4? Something like that?) mutated after the vaccine was formulated several months ago and it is the mutated variant that is so virulent right now, and the vaccine only has an approx. 10% efficacy against that strain.

Family member who is a physician said, quote, 'stay out of Wal Mart'. Says their practice has been inundated with flu patients.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Anybody sick with cold/flu/etc. over the holidays?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire