jeudi 28 décembre 2017

Bio/Chem - whatcha got in your kits?

This is related to the North Korea threat. Aside from sheltering plans and maybe some IOSAT tabs, I think a lot of us have thrown up our hands with the thought of nuclear war and things we can do to prepare. We've been told that there isn't much a mask or any kind of reasonably wearable suit will offer in terms of protection.

But, how does the knowledge that the NORKs have bio and chem weapons, and that apparently their defectors (at least 1) have shown antibodies, or exposure, to anthrax, change your plans WRT to NBC? Are you paying more attention to the BioChem part of the picture, and what do you have in your ready kits?

I have Avon FM12 masks for the 4 of us, along with 2X refills on the purple NBC filters. I have a single NBC camelback for water, and am working on getting the other 3. I have zero suits, but we do have plastic sheeting, lots of duct tape, and some bug-in processes/checklists. Obviously, we have a good supply of LT food. I haven't thought enough about decontamination gear or processes. This is getting bumped up my priority list though and I'd appreciate your perspectives.

We plan to bug in for just about everything, but I may need to hustle to go get 2 kids at school and back. Enough fuel to pretty much go anywhere west of the Mississippi we wanted, if needed. We are ~ 30 miles from the central/northern CA coast.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Bio/Chem - whatcha got in your kits?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire