lundi 1 janvier 2018

Emergency SHTF burial cache question

I recently began watching Rick Gore's YouTube channel THINK LIKE A COP and he had a very good suggestion about caching equipment for emergencies.

The idea was to go buy PVC pipe in a short section, maybe 3 foot in length, and get 2 end caps for the piping. You can fill the pipe with a gun or two, some ammo, and whatever items you want to store for any situation in which you'd need backup equipment, or let's say something happened to your home and you can't get to your stash of guns or whatever from there.

The idea is to fill the PVC pipe with whatever and then bury it, then when needed, go and dig it up.

Personally, I'd stash a couple of 9mm handguns in there, along with 1000 rounds of ammo, a couple knives, binocs, a backpack, some water purification pills, socks, shoes, etc.

My problem, and I am HOPING that someone here will be able to help me out is this: I live in an apartment, in Plano Texas, and have no idea where I would bury my emergency stash. The area around my apts is housing, and while there is a playground and a small creek nearby, I am wondering where I'd bury my stash where it wouldn't be noticed that the earth had been disturbed, and of course I know I'd have to bury it somewhere in a place that there wouldn't be any new construction going on anytime soon.

I was considering the backs of the small creek, but I'm not sure that is a great idea. I know that there would be no construction of new housing or whatever in that area, but I also wouldn't want a flood to wash away the dirt and give away my hiding spot.
Obviously you'd want to bury it at 3 am on a moonless night, and maybe even duct tape a saw blade to the outside of the pipe to be able to cut it open when you dig it up. But, my main concern is the best place to bury the cache in the first place.

Any suggestions? Just in case I've missed something obvious?

Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Emergency SHTF burial cache question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire