lundi 1 janvier 2018

Trouble with bread from home ground(course)flour.

Lately I have been having issues getting my homemade bread to rise properly. I am having the same issue with freshly store bought yeast and with several month old store bought yeast I have been keeping alive from loaf to loaf like sourdough.

To try and get it to rise more I have tried longer rising times as well as warmer rising environments. Both kind of work but still tend to result in a dense loaf.

I have tried adding more water. It makes the dough rise more but the finished loaf comes out under cooked. The last two loafs that I made with more water I cooked longer and ended up with crusts so hard I worry I could break a tooth on(but the were good dipped in broth)

Anyone make there own bread from coursly ground flour that can give me any suggestions?

I am cooking the loafs at 350 for roughly 45 minutes, 1 hour to get the ones with more water to fully cook through.

The loafs are cooked on a cookie sheet and are made with roughly 1 1/2 pounds of flour.

They are basic loafs. Made with water, flour, salt, and yeast.

The water I am using is tap water from the city. I have also tried filtered water, thinking that chlorine was the cause.

This has only been a problem for the last 2 or 3 weeks(making a loaf every other day) Before that I was able to make an acceptable loaf using the same ingredients and process.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Trouble with bread from home ground(course)flour.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire