jeudi 8 mars 2018

Hybrid cars - problem with no electric working

So... First - I apologize if this is in the wrong section or it's been discussed (I couldn't find a thread about it).

We have a Ford Fusion hybrid... love the car but had one of those 'duh!' moments a while back. Our teenage son was sitting in the car, in our driveway, and wanted to scare his brother so he pushed the keyfob to make the horn honk. A few hours later we went out to move it into the garage and the car was completely dead. The car was locked so we had to use the hidden key in the keyfob to get into the car. No problem. But - I wanted into the trunk and guess what? You cannot get into the trunk without the electrical system working! I stood there flabbergasted (does that word 'age' me? ) There is no key access to the trunk.

Because the batteries are in the trunk... there isn't enough room to put the back seats down and reach through to pull the emergency trunk release! Because the emergency trunk release is a little plastic lever that is pushed up into the lid of the trunk we couldn't hook it with something and open the trunk.

If I had been out and about and lost power to the car (I always think EMP) I would have been however far away from home with no way to get my GHB (Get Home Bag) from the trunk! I had no idea until that day that I couldn't get into the trunk of my car without power.

We jumped the car, opened the trunk and tied a piece of paracord to the emergency release and then ran the cord through the back seat and tied the other end to the middle metal attachment where you would attach a childs carseat; directly behind the seat of the car.

Now I can always get into the trunk. Just wanted to share my stupid moment in case any else hasn't thought about that.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Hybrid cars - problem with no electric working

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire