mardi 6 mars 2018

Interesting encounter

Well, I was out in my semi-suburban area (power line easements, railroad line, many acres of woods around) and I was scouting for blackberry picking locations (easier to find when the flowers are blooming).

So up ahead of me on the trail I see a woman walking her dog. OK, thinks I, and don't want to crowd her, that's not polite, so I set down against a power line pole to wait a bit.
Next thing I know she's walking back towards me. She walks right to me, we say hi, and she says "I'd like to give you this walking staff I cut, I don't need it, was just going to leave it, but thought you could use it".
Now, I'm 65 and she was about 21 or so. Didn't really need the staff, and some old guys might be offended, but I just gratefully took it and thanked her.
Then I noticed her gear. She was wearing a day pack, some Nordic-looking soft topped boots, and had a machete strapped to her waist an leg, perfectly legal here. She was quite attractive too. I'm an old guy, but here was a sight for sore eyes.
My goodness, she was a backwoodswoman, for sure. Had a big dog, friendly, but I wouldn't want to mess with him.
We talked just a bit, I'm kinda tongue-tied, but I told her I liked her gear.

It was a kind and caring act for her to turn around and give an old stranger that staff.
I kept it, put it up in my garage, as a reminder. There are remarkable people, young and old, still around.
God bless her.
Just wanted to share that.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Interesting encounter

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire