vendredi 23 mars 2018

Jeans Prices

What happened to jeans prices? When I went to college vets wore what was economical, khakis and jeans. I wore Roebucks from Sears at $5.98 per pair, they were whiteback 13 oz denim and were probably what preppies now call raw denim and most important the fit was consistent. When the preppies discovered denim prices went up and for some reason Sears dropped the well fitting Roebucks line. I switched to JC Penney Plain Pockets and stayed with them until they were dropped. Shepler's used to have a nice reasonably priced jean (their own brand) but the rear pockets were in the wrong place and I would have to get them altered.

Now it's hard to find reasonably priced jeans and the pre-washed and faded stuff just doesn't hold up for years as did Roebucks and Plain Pockets. I am not stupid and I am not going to pay big bucks for jeans made in sweatshops for less than $10.

I thought about switching to chinos but the preppies have screwed them up too so I can't get a comfortable fit, seems that most chinos have what I would call pegged legs. I suspect it would be cheaper to purchase denim and find a seamstress that would sew them in her home (not a shop) for a reasonable price. The pattern is simple for straight leg jeans.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Jeans Prices

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire