mardi 6 mars 2018

New here - Slightly put off by the demonisation of “the left”

Hi everyone!

I’ve followed these boards for a while but never really had anything to add. One thing I’ve noticed that I find alienating is the constant attacks on “the left”. I was really hoping prepping and self sufficiency would transcend political different as long as we are on the same page about the aforementioned.

I hate the left and right labels, but if they must be there then I would certainly identify with the left. I believe strongly in equal rights, a national health service (I’m from the UK) and sharing resources in small communities (arguably the original form of communism or syndicalism as I prefer to call it) as long as everyone pulls their weight.

At the same time I’m a libertarian, I believe in a small state (for most things), I’m anti gun control (not that it matters much in the UK!) and, while I believe in help from the state when it’s actually needed (the sick and the disabled for example), I don’t believe the government should give handouts to those not willing to contribute.

I feel that the kind of things “the left” are being attacked for on here are actually what I’d describe as the liberal centre, a political affiliation I do not relate to. But you all may feel differently.

Am I right to feel unwelcome here or have I misunderstood?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



New here - Slightly put off by the demonisation of “the left”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire