dimanche 27 mai 2018

Asked to March in the Memorial Day Parade

This will be a long post and I’m sorry for that. My American legion reached out and asked me to march in the parade tomorrow- it may have been more pleading than just asking. They want me in a uniform.

But I’m somewhat perplexed. Now I was a Marine, then a soldier, and then served in the State Organized Militia I served at different ranks in each. I finished my MC enlistment as a Sgt/E-5. I ended my Army one as a SFC/E-7. Finally I finished my last as a SGM/E-9.

Which uniform would be appropriate? I know I can legally wear any of those for an event like this per regs, but I’m really short on Corps stuff and could merely manage to set up a set of BDUs and boots.

I may be able to find my ACUs and the necessary patches and such.

Or I could wear my ASUs from the Army (probably the short sleeve one but don’t honestly know what the Army wears for headgear with that (the regs have changed faster than I could keep up with. )

Or I could wear either the old Army green dress uniform in a Class (I recall was the “C”) with a ****-cutter and represent the State Guard as a SMJ because it’s our uniform.

Last, I could wear my full ASUs as a State Militia SMJ, with saucer cover. I’m having a problem here trying to decide which would be the most appropriate uniform to wear.

Color me confused. I am not going to the parade my old unit does, but this one is a mere mile down the road and they said they really need uniformed people to march with them. Which uniform?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Asked to March in the Memorial Day Parade

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire