mercredi 23 mai 2018

Wireless Router Problems

I have an ASUS RT-AC3100 dual-band wireless router that has worked rather well up until recently (had it for almost two years now). I need to physically reboot the router every few days since the download speed is a fraction of what it should be, however the ISP modem gives me the full bandwidth I pay for.

QoS is enabled, and I think I have it set to 30MBit per device max -- however, we have phones (5), an iPad, a smart TV, xbox, a couple of laptops and occasionally work laptops connected.

The router does have a scheduling feature to reboot on your selection, so I have that set for every Wednesday and Sunday at 1AM.

Maybe I'm maxing out the QoS value and should lower it with the number of connected devices in the house. Not sure if newer iPhones have become less bandwidth hungry, but I doubt it.

Any ideas?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Wireless Router Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire