lundi 21 janvier 2019

Anyone else having a problem getting a doctor appointment?

I had my appendix out in November. They told me I had high blood pressure and wanted me to start seeing a doctor. I'm relatively young and did not have a primary care doctor. They gave me a temporary prescription for blood pressure meds.

So they made me an appointment with one two weeks after. I went, and the doctor would reevaluate if I needed a higher dose. The doctor was nice, and accepting new patients, so I went with him. He also told me my blood pressure was still high, but didn't want to change the dose yet - wanted me back in 2 weeks. They made my appointment for a Friday afternoon (I didn't ask the time, they said, can you make it then?)

They called me the day before, said the doctor wouldn't be in that day and rescheduled for a week later (also a Friday). My pills would run out before then so they gave me another 9 pills.

Again, the day before they called again and said the doctor wouldn't be in. Now the next available appointment would be January 21. I told them that this was pretty frustrating to me, and I'd just find another doctor. I would need more pills though, and that was a bit of a mess as they gave me 30 days of it but my insurance would only cover a 90 day at this point.

So I found another doctor, but the earliest he could do it was also January 21st ??? So I went a head and made that.

By now I am back to work. My appointment was for 1:30, so I just took the day off. They call me at 9am today (the 21st) and tell me the doctor isn't going to be in, and the next one they can do is March 20th!! So I told them my pills would be out by then and I'd be needing a refill before then.

This is getting quite ridiculous!

Still debating if I should find another doctor or just wait until March.

Anyone else been having this problem?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Anyone else having a problem getting a doctor appointment?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire