dimanche 6 janvier 2019

Newbie Planning to live in East Texas Wilderness

Default Newbie Planning to live in East Texas Wilderness


Hello all, I am a bit new to the website.
My husband, me, and our two friends are planning on living in the East Texas wilderness for one year. We are also planning on taking 5 dogs (3 of mine, 2 of my friends). We're just starting the planning process and I am looking for any and all helpful info. I have lists started with some basic tools and equipment, but I am needing some help. I plan on buying lots of books so I need help with that list too. I want to buy a boys scout book from the 80s as well as some books about local edible plants and things, but that's all I've got so far. Specific books/links would be super helpful. I need ideas for equipment like specific water filters and fire starting equipment/ideas. We plan on moving out there at the beginning of fall. Beans and rice and fish are what we're planning on eating (so far) but I'm worried about nutritional deficiencies. There's a large pond and a creek on the land and we'll be about an hour from where we park our cars. We are planning on monthly resupply visits for dog food and everything else we notice we need. I would like to keep it as "luxurious" as possible, but I still want to use campfire to cook and keep things simple. With that being said, what about showers? I'm gonna want a way to take showers and stay as clean as possible. I know this is a lot to ask, but I will accept any and all genuine advice. Thank you guys! I'll respond tomorrow if you have any more questions.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Newbie Planning to live in East Texas Wilderness

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire