dimanche 10 mars 2019

From Beau of the Fifth Column

An interesting description, as much as I can recall. Beau was at a gun range and a rookie cop began asking shooters for their guns' serial numbers. When the cop got to Beau, he asked and Beau closed his case and then put his hand on his other firearm. The rookie's superior came over and was told that Beau threatened to shoot. The superior criticized the rookie's behavior and laughingly told Beau, whom he knew, to relax. The situation was diffused.

But the point that Beau emphasized was that a white could do that but if a Black was in a similar situation, he would probably have been shot. Beau was explaining to Blacks on his site who wanted to arm themselves against police brutality, that they needed to purchase non-terrorist types of guns and to always inform local cops about practice events.

Life these days is a lot harder for Blacks than whites. A few years ago I drove my Subaru through Oregon to the coast. It was against the law for an out of stater to carry even an unloaded gun outside of a trunk. No trunks in a Subaru. Other states' CCW didn't help. I wan't going to ride along semi-deserted roads without a gun, so I carried a fully loaded 9 under my back seat. I doubt if I would have been stopped. But, had I been Black I would not have kept a gun in the car. I could easily have been stopped for any reason, car searched, and then possibly shot.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



From Beau of the Fifth Column

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire