mercredi 9 septembre 2020

Suggestions on rain barrels?

I just moved out to a new home with a few acres with the intent of turning it into a semi-self sufficient homestead. I've got several fruit trees planted and have constructed several raised garden beds with plans for more on the way.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to get affordable rain barrels? All of the kits I'm finding online are like 200 bucks each for a 55 gallon drum....was hoping for something at least half that so that I can get 4-6 of them going...but if that's all there is...so be it.

I'm on a well and have a back up generator to hook to the pump, but I'd like to have a long term sustainable water source if the power is out here for an extended period of time due to whatever...major storm, solar flare, etc. Unfortunately there isn't a water source on my land, although from the satellite images there are a number of large farm ponds within a mile or so if it came down to it...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Suggestions on rain barrels?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire