My g/f resides in the Lake Charles area and i've been staying with her quite a bit and considering transitioning to LA. Lake Charles is still under mandatory evac until further notice. Within 4 days after the hurricane they were out delivering packages and apparently delivered to our neighborhood. I'm not on mind boggled by the pure incompetence that they have displayed but i'm also rather impressed they are able to deliver packages. In our instance, our neighbors to the left and right of us have oak trees that having fallen completely through their houses. We had a large oak tree that had fallen against the side of the house and large oak trees block our entire yard and our neighbors creating an impassible barrier. It was more then obvious that at the of delivery that no one was residing in the houses, the area was demolish, properties impassible, no electricity or running water. They still decided to deliver packages. The tracking listed the package was delivered to a garage or alternate location. Needless to say that package is clearly missing and at first I didn't believe it to be true and a possible mistake at the time until today when we checked by and had a package.
Originally I wanted to get back in town immediately after the storm but due to my g/f position we had to have power and internet access so she could coordinate the logistics of the deceased and initiations of embalming's/cremations and funeral processions. I've done some research and come to the conclusion I'm out of some money as apparently USPS is completely immune to any further actions. Actions have been taken to have our mail held for the mean time but i'm just utterly amazed that the delivery person could see how destroyed the area was and think to themselves it's A-OK to just set a package down and move on. Lots of lessons learned here, just eat the loss and move on. Now I realize why I always opt for any other option then USPS when I have the ability to do so.
-Rant off
USPS never surprises me
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire