mardi 2 août 2016

Accessories for Rem 870 Tact Magpul Edition

Hello, i bought a new Remington 870 Tactical Magpul edition, and im looking to outfit it for SHTF and home defense, and i'm looking for some expert opinions.

Quick Want List:
1) sights
2) flashlight with pressure switch
3) tub extension
4) side saddle
5) coating

========================
1) SIGHTS

So the sights that come with are XS ghost ring sights. The front has a small ramp that looks welded onto the barrel, with a little dovetail slot. It's a small white dot that i can't see at night. I've been looking at one of the day/night TruGlo's to replace it, which are fiber optic trituim combo's.

In the rear, there are 4 holes drilled onto the back for a small Picatinny rail, that has a XS ghost ring sight that sits into a small oval indention. I like it, but it already started to rust a little because my gun bag got a little wet from the rain, and even though i aired it out before i put my gun back in. It rusted in under 24 hours.

========================
2) Flashlight
I plan to Mount a flashlight with pressure switch on my Magpul forend. I dont need the most expensive, but i dont want cheap. Looking for good value, and something i can recharge easily with a typical solar kit, so either thought USB, AA, or AAA.

======================
3) Tube Entension

I want a tube extension that can mount a bayonet...because well, why not? Lol.

=====================
4) Side Saddle

I want a good side saddle that wont drop rounds. I've been looking at the Mesa side saddles. There are two, one that sits on the side, and one that wraps around. I was concerned about the one that sits on the side. I only see two little possible bolt on spots, and they are close to the butt end of the weapon. I'm wondering if that will hold well, and if i should go for the wrap around with the rail, but that will affect what sight i get.

========================
5) coating

This gun is supposed to have a Cerakote Corrosion Protection coating. But i did already notice rust as i mentioned earlier on the front and rear sight, and on the cap on the end of the tube. I might replace all these anyways, but makes me wonder where the coatings are on this gun, and if i need to worry about putting on a better coating. I definitely want something that can withstand the elements.

Thanks, let me know what you guys think.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Accessories for Rem 870 Tact Magpul Edition

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire