lundi 1 août 2016

Hello Everyone!

I'm new here. I am looking to start homesteading in Northern Michigan. I've been looking for different properties. I lived in cabin for about nine months last year, and I didn't have utilities or running water for the first 6 weeks, yet I made it just fine. I also stayed in a camper on a relative's property for a few months.

As of right now, I have found areas for $150-300 on a land contract way up north. I may have a camper soon. It's an odd situation. I don't own a vehicle.

When I was staying in Ogemaw County, I would charge my cell phone and laptop with a power inverter hooked up to an old '77 Chevy Pickup. Then I'd call for a bus ride for the next day, and go into West Branch, where I'd charge my phone, laptop, and battery pack. I'd buy a bunch of water and foods like baked beans, canned meats and things that could be cooked by adding water. I would chop dead wood that was all around and heat the place with the wood stove. I would also use the wood stove for heating water and the grill for heating stuff faster and hotter.

So, any tips for starting? I'm not in a rush. I'm curious about solar panels or other power solutions that don't require utility companies.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Hello Everyone!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire