jeudi 25 août 2016

Newbie Prepper: (Please help.) (Very green to the prep world.)

Okay a little background here. I have been a slave to technology my entire life. I am trying to slowly ween off of technologies teat. 4 years ago I deleted my Facebook account. I am pure and simple a newbie when it comes to prepping. I am a newbie when it comes to owning a fire arm or knife. Living in certain areas I was not able to own such devices.

I have just recently been awakened with a new sense of purpose to get ready and defend my family. I am slowly (very slowly) gathering materials in case of a bugout situation that may occur. Such items include first aid, fishing, cooking instruments (ala firepit/campfire), lighting (solar and battery), multi-tools (leatherman wave/gerber device),fire implements (striker,lighter, etc.), and food and water for at least 3 days. The only SD items I have are a couple of monkey's fist, butterfly knife, a louisville slugger, and a slingshot with 1/4 inch ammo.

Here are the questions that I have: (Also another factor is that budget is a concern. Military pay is what it is.)

1.) With so many brand names out there for knives and styles of knives on the market, what is the best knife for any situation? (i.e. bushcraft, survival, SD, and EDC) (Does such a monster exist?) What do I need to avoid and what do I need to look for?

1.A) Where could one go get training for said knife?

2.) Same thing goes for fire arms. In a survival/hunting/SD what would be the optimal carry to be able to defend and hunt for the family? (Again I reiterate, a very green person here.) Never hunted in my life. Fished a lot of different spots though, so I am familiar with salt and fresh water fishing.

2.A) Where could I go get training for said fire arm?

3.) What books are a good read to get my mind prepped and help me out in any situation?

4.) What bugout bags with budget in mind, are good and solid?

I appreciate any and all responses, whether negative or positive here. I realize my lacking in survival skills and want to fix that. I am prepping my mind for survival situations and my body. I am just very green in other areas.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Newbie Prepper: (Please help.) (Very green to the prep world.)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire