mercredi 23 novembre 2016

Suggestion: Offline backup

I know this is probably a very tall order but here goes anyway. No harm in trying.

I think it would be an amazing feature if there was a way to download the forum and view offline.

Question: Why do I want this?
Answer: There is huge amounts of information on this site, way more than anyone can possibly remember. If there ever is a true massive SHTF event, that is the time a lot of the information would be most useful to have, but also a time when it is most likely to no longer be available. If we could store the info locally and retrieve offline in emergency it could really make a difference in some situations.

I don´t know the best way to do it, one way would be to once a month generate a pdf for every thread then use the forum structure as file structure for placing the pdf. Then take the whole giant thing and make it available as a torrent.

Anyway have a good day and I would love to have feedback on my idea.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Suggestion: Offline backup

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire