mardi 18 juillet 2017

How would you build good relationships with LEOs?

There are plenty of threads that talk about how to avoid cops, what not to say to cops, how bad some cops are, etc.,etc. And when I read about those things, I wonder about something.

Maybe I'm stuck back in Mayberry, at least to a certain extent, but I'd much rather have LEOs as friends than enemies. I don't do drugs or alcohol and have no interest in using a firearm against one of our local LEOs, or anyone else for that matter. Seriously, most of them are pretty decent people.

Are there things that people of the community can do to build good relationships with their local law enforcement? I'm not talking about bribery. I'm talking about meeting and getting to know each other.

When I go to the bank, I know them by name and they know me by name. It seems like it would be nice to have that same kind of relationship with LEOs.

I've had decent relationships with security guards in a couple of places when I worked there. It made for a much more relaxed interaction.

Maybe it's not possible in this day and age. Maybe I'm daydreaming. There are some really nasty people out there that hate LEOs they don't even know. The ones I've met have mostly been decent people and I pray for their safety. But that's just me.

Curious what others think.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



How would you build good relationships with LEOs?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire