dimanche 3 décembre 2017

Batteries

So, I was doing my annual inventory and charging of batteries today and got thinking that we dont see many threads about them here.

Of course they are not as sexy as water, food, guns and ammo. Nor are they necessary for survival. They would, however, be pretty handy to have on hand even if for nothing else besides flashlights.

I've always kept a decent supply on hand for my lights (meaning a pack or two of sizes that I use). But in recent years as I've gotten more into prepping those numbers have gone up considerably. Especially since battery shelf life has improved.

Also, I used to only have whatever number of rechargeables that came with a battery charger. Usually 4 AA's. Those numbers have changed as well as I recognized the value of them compared to disposables. A few other things have come along, too, like needing more 9v batteries for making colloidal silver and my flashlight preference changing from AA to CR123a's to 18650's.
Some of the newer AA lights are pretty sweet and now there are rechargeable 123's as well.

Due to all that my battery storage has gotten up to about 400 pieces with 1/3 of them being rechargeables.

In regular batteries I keep some of all the standard sizes, AA, AAA, C, D, 9v and 123's. Rechargeables are the same but with no C or D's and the addition of 18650's and 14500's.
For my D cell lights I have the AA adaptor shells for when I run out of regular batteries. I don't have anything that runs on C's.
I also have a selection of button batteries, heavy on the ones for my microlights and the ones that fit my red dot.

More batteries has meant more, smarter and higher capacity chargers. I can now charge 32 batteries of various sizes at once.
For recharging after an event I can use one of my generators while running for some other purpose. My soon-to-be built solar battery bank will be my main method, though. I have a couple little solar rechargers but they take forever.

What do you do for batteries? If using rechargeables how will you charge them?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Batteries

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire