samedi 9 décembre 2017

Homestead Fortifications

Just purchased a rural home on 22 acres and I'm looking to improve the security and defensive capacity of my home without breaking the bank. Before you ask, the home is stick built so no real way to harden it or reinforce it, the solutions will have to be outside. The property already has the standard three strand barb-wire fence around it but that is useless for anything other than keeping in some cows.

Just to give you an idea of the materials I have available to work with: I have access to almost unlimited amounts of free lumber from my job (I work with sheet metal and all the lumber is thrown away once we pull off the parts) and can get sheet metal at/below cost (or totally free as long as its smaller pieces). Unfortunately, most of the metal I work with is 14, 16, or 20ga so its not anything super tough, thick, or bullet resistant. In my area of the country I see lots of posts on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for bricks, concrete, cinder blocks, and other building materials for free if I haul it off or for pennies compared to retail prices. One good example being two full pallets of red clay house bricks (~500 bricks) for $40. My property is also heavily wooded so I can easily harvest small oak trees for posts if I need them for something. Lastly, I have about three extra 100' coils of barb-wire that came with the house (not much, but free).

My current ideas for my house include plans to make reinforced concrete "flower beds" in the front yard to act as fighting positions. Think 4inch think concrete equilateral triangles about 3 and a half feet tall spaced about 6 inches from each other with the flat base towards the house and the points pointing out to create fatal funnels of overlapping fire.

Other than that I am not really sure what I can get going on a budget. I would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions you guys have that may help me get started. Thanks.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Homestead Fortifications

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire