dimanche 3 décembre 2017

Iodine tablets and titanium cookware - why is my water purple?

Hi all,

Whenever I put water treated with potable aqua tablets in my titanium pot, it turns dark purple! I have a friend who has experienced the same thing, but I can't find any mention of it through google. Does anyone know why this happens / if anything toxic is forming? I'm pretty sure that color change is an indicator of a chemical reaction, and my pot does not have a coating so it must be reacting with the titanium. I looked up compounds of titanium and iodine and titanium tetraiodide is the only one I can find. I'm pretty sure that's not what it is but the ingredient in the tablets is tetraglycine hydroperiodide so who knows what might be forming. Titanium trichloride is the right color but I don't think there is any chlorine in potable aqua and this is spring water so there's no chlorine in that either.

If you know anything about this or have experienced it I would love to hear. Just want to make sure I'm not poisoning myself

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Iodine tablets and titanium cookware - why is my water purple?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire