dimanche 10 décembre 2017

Louis L'Amour philosophy

Same here. Started reading them when I was fourteen and had access to a county branch library. I started getting them for my father, but lacking something else to ready, I read one. And I was hooked, just as I was on Robert A. Heinlein.

I honestly think, that other than my father, those two men had more influence on me than any teacher, any news, any other family, any friends, or anything else. By the time I was 25, I had pretty much locked into a mindset that was based on what those two men expressed so well in their stories. Later on there were a few other influences that added to what I got from them, but only a few, and a fraction of what I got from L'Amour and Heinlein and my father.

I do not toot my own horn very often, or try not to, but my proudest moments as an author have been the times when I was compared favorably to one or the other of those two men, and a handful of times to both from people.

If it was up to me, their writings, along with perhaps a dozen more authors, would be required reading, with guided group discussions about how they captured the essence of what good people are, and how they can make a country great.

Just my heartfelt opinion.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Louis L'Amour philosophy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire