mardi 5 décembre 2017

Prop rod for door collapsed.

DefaultProp rod for door collapsed.


I propped the door shut like I always do and gave the prop rod a little kick at the bottom to make sure that it was set in tight. When I did the prop rod collapsed like the adjustment button had been pushed in. So I did it again and the same thing happened. So I looked at the prop rod and I could see that with the side of the prop rod with the adjustment holes sticking out away from the door that the area where the adjustment button was at was flexed inward and that the button was just barely through the adjustment hole. So I decided to turn the tip that goes under the door knob 180 degrees and the same with the foot area that contacts the floor. This way it turns the adjustment holes and button towards the door and the button actually sticks through the hole further. I realized that kicking the prop rod in at the bottom was putting the same flex on the prop rod that would have happened if somebody had pushed hard on the door so I am glad that I found this potential flaw when using prop rods.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Prop rod for door collapsed.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire