samedi 20 janvier 2018

Eccentric preps?

I was readying through the sticky "Preping 101" and saw this:Which reminded me of one of my preps that I don't think of much.

Air. I have two hours of air for two people stockpiled.

A few years ago I had the chance to pick up a dozen SCBA tanks and five masks and packs for free. They are old style steel tanks, twice the weight and half the capacity of modern ones but everything still works well.

The packs where in varying condition so went through them and ended up building two packs out of the best parts from all of them.

I also ended up with two hard cases and so put together to packs in cases with four 2200psi tanks a piece, about two hours worth of air if you don't exert yourself too much, and about an hours worth if your working.

I don't think of them much because they are too heavy to walk very far with and won't last very long if you where. I'm not sure exactly what prepping scenario they would be good for where a simple gas mask wouldn't be better but they where free and seem useful enough to keep.

One of the tanks I set up to fill tires and I do use that one all the time as a 2200 PSI tanks can fill up a lot of tires before needing to be recharged and easier to keep in the car than a compressor.

Anyway....what odd things have you guys added to your collection of gear that you don't really imagine needing but was too good of a find to pass up?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Eccentric preps?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire