jeudi 15 mars 2018

Maggots: First-aid. Believe it or not, I owe my life to them

In WWI my grandfather was shot through the eye with the bullet going through his eye. He was left in the triage area for 2 weeks with minimal care, as no one expected him to live. After 2 weeks, they decided to patch him up as he was still alive.

Maggots had gotten into the wound, that went through his head, and kept feeding on the dead flesh.

So, as disgusting as it sounds... "I owe my life to maggots!"

Without them, my grandfather would have died and my dad would never have been born.

Was telling my friend about this and they thought it would make a great title to an autobiography.

Maggots can be used for emergency first aid in this way. It is GROSS... DISGUSTING... REPULSIVE.... yet effective. If there is nothing else, just something to keep in mind.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Maggots: First-aid. Believe it or not, I owe my life to them

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire