mercredi 21 mars 2018

Utility shelving for storage totes?

A buddy and I built an extension to our mechanical room for storage in our basement, so I was hoping to get some opinions on what type of shelving is strong and maximizes space.

I had been using the plastic shelving units you get from Lowes/Home Depot but they are bulky, some space is wasted, and over time the shelf sags. I'm looking to build or install something different and wanted to get opinions on what works well for people. I will primarily be storing Rubbermaid or Sterilite totes on these shelves:

  1. Wire shelving
  2. Plywood shelving with L-brackets
  3. Plywood shelving with "ledger board" attachment to wall, legs on the front edge

These shelves will be around 18" deep to fully support the totes, and some of these totes are 25+ lbs. (the heaviest totes will live on the floor).

I'm leaning toward Option 2 with 3/4" plywood (or equivalent) shelving. If anything starts sagging, I can always add supports later. The wire shelving would be nice since it doesn't collect dirt/dust as much and it stout, but it is expensive and I'm not sure that 18" wire shelving exists (16" is the max I've seen).

So I'm just brainstorming before I commit. Thanks!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Utility shelving for storage totes?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire