mercredi 9 mai 2018

Finally got me a dual band for my Jeep.

Went down to visit my Dad in Florida this week and found a Yaesu FT 5100 dual band mobile. It'll have a nice place in my Jeep Wrangler.

It comes with cross-band capabilities as standard, no need for fancy modifications to make that happen.

I've been looking for a dual bander at a decent price for some time.

For those of you that are a bit puzzled about what a dual band rig with cross band capabilities, a short explanation would be something like: Say you're out working on your land or hunting and your vehicle is A couple of miles away. You need help for one reason or another or maybe your wife needs you for something.

With a handheld, you're going to be limited to the distance you can work but, imagine if that handheld could hit a repeater with a little more power and a much better antenna?

That's where the cross bander comes in. Mine will be mounted in my Jeep and I can carry a small handheld with me and leave my Yaesu on in my Jeep.

Say I'm in the 440mhz band with my handheld, I set the Yaesu to listen on the 440mhz band and it'll forward my transmission to a two meter frequency, maybe a repeater off in the distance where I can really get help that I need.

So there you have it in a nut shell (and a fairly small footprint for the radio as well).

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Finally got me a dual band for my Jeep.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire