lundi 14 mai 2018

Russian collusion, Kizlyar Supreme style

Not sure how many folks here are familiar with Kizlyar Supreme, which is a knife manufacturer from Russia, but I bought one of their fixed blade knives (Savage) a few years ago, was really impressed with it, and decided to try one of their folders. Most of their models are available in AUS8 and D2 versions, so if I can find a good price on a D2 model, I'll go that route; I have plenty of SOG and Cold Steel knives in AUS8. So, I bought their Whisper folder.

I've always had a fascination with Japanese-style blades. My first fixed blade knife was an Explorer tanto when I was a kid (actually made in Japan) and I do have some other cool specimens, but no folders that really combine the visuals with quality materials and workmanship. So far, the Whisper is checking off everything on my list. If I had to make a comparison, I would put it on the same level as my Benchmade folders, some of my older Kershaws (Lahar, Cyclone, etc.) and so on. It is a liner lock, which some people like and some don't, and the lockup is perfect. The blade is exactly centered, opening is smooth without any adjustment required, and the milling on the handle scales is flawless.

I used it to cut up the steak I had for dinner last night while out with the family for Mother's Day, and it was definitely up to the task. It is not officially in my EDC rotation, and makes for a great conversation piece besides.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Russian collusion, Kizlyar Supreme style

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire