mercredi 2 mai 2018

Video - Cottonmouth Encounter While Hiking with my Dog

Buster and I were on a nature walk along a local creek when I walked up on a Cottonmouth.

Luckily, Buster did not see the snake and it was able to get into a clump of leaves.

If Buster had seen the snake, I had a walking stick to put between the two.


I have heard people say the Cottonmouth Water Moccasin is aggressive. I grew up next to a marsh in southeast Texas, have had hundreds of snake encounters, and not a single time did a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin chase me.

If anything, the cottonmouth acts like it has a chip on its shoulder. It will sometimes coil up and stand its ground. As if it were saying, "Come at me bro, I dare you."

This was a small snake and looked like it was only around 2 feet long. I have seen some BIG cottonmouth snakes, especially deep in the bayous and marshes were people do not go to often.

Several years ago I was boating on the Angelina River near Jasper, Texas, and saw a Cottonmouth stick its head up out of the water. It looked like it stuck its head up at least a foot above the water. The body looked like it was at least 2 - 3 inches across.

In the early 1980s some of my buddies and I killed several Cottonmouth snakes that looked like they were 4 feet long.

Anyway, Buster and I wen on our way and the snake went on its way.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Video - Cottonmouth Encounter While Hiking with my Dog

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire