mercredi 20 juin 2018

Benchmade Infidel "Knockoff"

Well.... I finally got the "Benchmade" Infidel I ordered off DH Gate.This one took the longest to get here, almost three months to the day.

This is another of the "knockoffs", and this was known going in here. We've been over all the drama about this, and its understood. Just posting what I got for the money, and not trying to pass it off as the real thing, or wanting to get into the morality of the whole thing.

They are definitely pushing the envelope here, counterfeit wise, and I dont know how they are getting away with it, but it is what it is.

Anyway, this is simply about what I got, for a whopping $48.54, delivered.

As it came packaged....

Seems pretty well made, but doesnt seem to have that Benchmade fit and finish to it. Action is smooth, although not lightning fast (my $20 Microtech copy is quicker and more positive feeling). The blade has a good amount of play when open, but its really not any worse than any of the other OTF's I have or have had, original or copy. Blade is sharp and will shave as it comes.

Its beefy and got some weight to it, and weighs in at 8oz on my postal scale.

The pouch that came with it is decent, and as good as anything else you see these days. Then again, what doesnt come from China anymore to compare.

I dont have an original Infidel to compare this too, nor have I actually had one in my hands, so Im simply basing things on what Ive seen in ads, or what this is like in my hands. Personally, if this was sitting in a store cabinet, Id be very suspect that this was a knockoff. The paint is "off", and the fit and finish just doesnt seem right.

Still, for $50, its not bad. Beats spending the $438 Blade HQ wants for a "real" one, just to find out if its something I might want or not (Im thinking its close enough to know Im glad I didnt spend the money).

I also got another Benchmade 42 copy about a month ago. Been real happy so far with both of them, as well as the Morpho copy I got with the first 42.

The one 42 Ive been using seems to be holding up to use just fine. The only thing initially, was the screws backing out with use, but thats been the norm with any of this type I have, real or not. A drop of blue Loctite fixes it right up. For $25, I think they are a pretty good deal.

Also got a couple of smaller "supposedly" Benchmade Butterflies, but those were real cheap ($12 ea) and look it. Id be suspect if Benchmade ever even made one like it. I dont ever remember seeing one anyway. Still, they are "usable/abusable" and no big loss.

If youre looking for something you want to try out or play around with, a "disposable" work or whatever knife, and dont want to dump the bucks, and dont mind the wait, what you find there, may be just the thing.

Assuming you arent ridden with guilt or anything.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Benchmade Infidel "Knockoff"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire