mardi 19 juin 2018

Fathers

On Sunday my father slip and fell on his stairs. Now he is old at the age of 83. My mother took him in the hospital and they found 5 different tumors and are going to biopsy today. I talked to my younger brother yesterday and we both knew that this one come one day but it is much tougher than I would have imagined. For me my father was my rock. He served in the army at 16 during the korean war. The military found out he wasn't 18 after about a year and shipped him back home. Then he joined the air force. I asked him a few years ago why he joined the air force and his reply was simple. I ran around for a year and a half dodging bullets, hauling a base plate and ammo. I thought if I was going to make something a career I might so something less dangerous.

From waking me up at 6:30 or 7:00 during the summer to cut the grass because we are "wasting the day" to my steady temperament I have learned so much from him. He by no means a perfect man but he was my rock which is now going to be taken away sometime soon. This is much harder than I thought and I only hope that I can have the same impact on my 3 children and can pass some of his lessons on to them

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Fathers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire