samedi 23 juin 2018

Cleaning Ceramic Water Filters

We have a British Berkefeld water filter and I am currently using 4 Doulton ceramic filters in it.

We are on well water and the water I believe has very high iron content. For example, it turns the water pitchers we use to fill the Berkefeld orange over time.

I am using ceramic filters because of the ability to clean them and keep using them. The problem I am having is that cleaning them ends up being very difficult.

In the how to video from Doulton, they show filters about as clogged up as mine but their filters seem to clean right up with minimal scrubbing/elbow grease. It takes us 50x longer that it shows them in the video to get the filters pretty white. We are using a scotchbrite pad just like they show. We end up shredding the scotchbrite pad from all the scrubbing.

So, I am looking for better ways to do this. So far my two ideas are:
1) Figure out a way to use my dremel tool for scrubbing

2) Find a pre-filter sock that goes over the 7" Doulton ceramic filters

3) Somehow pre-filter the water in another way to remove the sediment before pouring the water into the Berkefeld to be filtered

Let me know what you guys think.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Cleaning Ceramic Water Filters

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire