lundi 30 juillet 2018

What to do with 30+ gallons of two cycle mix in SHTF.

This spring, the wife and I finally got a starter boat. It's a little Seadoo with a two cycle engine. The PO removed the mixing valve that combined the fuel and oil from separate tanks, We have to haul our premix to the marina and dump it into the fuel tank each outing.

Anyway, we keep it full.

It holds 30 gallons of 93 octane E10 blended at 40:1 synthetic, ashless oil. With these boats, they either idle or are running at max RPM. Yes, that's awfully rich...but I'd rather run be and well lubed and replace spark plugs every 10 hours than run too dry or lean and blow a $2000 motor. It's also treated with long lasting marine Stabil.

Anyway, I'd previously dumped the 1/2 gallon or so of premix that I have left over from my saws and trimmers each fall into my truck or wife's SUV. I've never had any problems since it was always blended with a full tank of regular gas.

However, in a pinch and you had to use that much fuel at once in a four cycle engine, would you? Why or why not?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



What to do with 30+ gallons of two cycle mix in SHTF.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire