vendredi 4 janvier 2019

Growing own food in NH

Hi All, as anticipated in another topic, I am moving to NH from Italy permanently, and as part of my prepping, I would like to continue to grow up my food (veggies and fruit), but I am quite lost about what can grow here and how long is the good season to cultivate, since I came from a mediterranean climate where I can start-up my green garden in April and I finish to harvest the summer veggies on late October... then in winter I can grow the cold hardy veggies if I want or plant broad-beans to bring back some nitrogen to the soil. Also I could grow almost every fruit tree and harvest starting from April (apricots, cherries, moving to apricots, figs, almonds, citrus etc) till January (apples and pears)..... I can almost eat bananas too on lucky years.

Here at the border between MA and NH the climate is quite different so I would like to hear from you how and what kind of food you grow here.
Thanks in advance for your help

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Growing own food in NH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire