vendredi 11 janvier 2019

Losing food crops to cannabis

I live very close to agricultural farmland that is quickly turning into cannabis crops. All the greenhouses in this picture used to grow peppers, now they're used to grow pot. Every time I drive by, more of these greenhouses are going up. It's happening more and more as farmers are deciding they can make more money selling pot than food.

It might all backfire for them though, I read that Oregon (I think) has a glut of pot now and the price is dropping. Anyway, makes me think this is one more reason for everyone who is able, to plant as big a garden as you can because the government is letting in more and more people from other countries into our communities, and our farmers are growing less and less food.

I guess this isn't a problem for many US States, since only a few have legalized it. But still, its probably just a matter of time. Just a thought.

https://goo.gl/images/R4bNVG

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Losing food crops to cannabis

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire