dimanche 31 janvier 2016

.223 vs .308 for my situation

Default.223 vs .308 for my situation


Hello, I know this has been beat to death, but my question is for my specific situation and I would like a response from different opinions on this for MY SITUATION. First off, I am in the USAF and I am committed to the NATO calibers for North America (to save you time talking about .300 blackout, 7.62x39, etc). If a SHTF situation were to occur (Ebola, Zika virus, Influenza, etc), I am 3,000 miles from home. So, I'm sure the military would keep us around long enough to evoke Marshall law but then let us go when they can no longer feed us. I'm looking at a 1 week drive home assuming I can tap gas tanks and use containers to collect along the way. Anyway, I'm debating between an AR-15 and an M1A. I already own the AR-15 but don't know if I want to make the investment into an M1A. Here is why. I am looking for an all purpose SHTF/WROL rifle that can be used for hunting and self defense, 1 rifle that I can be proficient with. The reason I love the AR-15 is the ammo is cheap, I know the platform, and I've been told and read it can take the largest game in North America (I will agree, maybe not humanly but in SHTF, that's not really my concern). It's a nice, light, reliable platform. So, yeah, the .223/5.56 platform is a pretty good fit for me, except......that range and power of the .308. I've seen/been told it is more expensive to shoot, heavier, but slightly more accurate than a budget AR with a 16" barrel (currently shooting 4 MOA with my AR). So, I guess, what I'm really asking, is it worth the monetary investment to go for an M1A, or should I stand by my trusty AR(1,000 rounds and no malfunctions to date)?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



.223 vs .308 for my situation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire