lundi 25 janvier 2016

Reloading questions

I asked similar before and tracked down part numbers and made kits. But I kept buying 9mm, so I had time to do all that. But not for me. Last on the list for shoes is the cobbler.

Now I need to ask the questions for me and be quiet and listen and put in the study work. I have pulled the handle on my buddy's turret press but he did all the thinking.

1. I am looking at the same lee non mounted hand press, we got for everyone.
2. I will buy the extra parts so the dies can fit in and stay aligned.
3. This is only for 9mm. Other rounds are piled deep and scattered.

Questions.

1. Is nickle plated brass worth the extra money? Why?

2. I want to put together 1,000 9mm and slowly collect parts for 5,000 on the same brass. I this wrong? should I store 2,000 and collect parts for 3,000? (I won't be touching this. I will keep buying for range time)

3. I want to do a good waterproof, military type seal. How? Everything I stock has red, blue, purple, or green sealed primers. I always assumed it was an asphalt seal on the bullet. But I dont really know.

4. I will be buying copper jacket bullets to start. But also the molds and tools for lead. Any of them to avoid? Specifically good ones to collect?

5 how many loads can a 9mm case run before all the way shot out.?
Is a trimmer in order? Will nickle last longer?

Some of our folk are already casting lead and doing everything, so i'm a little sheepish in going back and asking what I supplied lol. But this part is for me, and they cant afford nickle casings and all that stuff like I can. I want to know what people would choose for themselves if the budget wasn't tight. If you can afford it, does it make sense, both on the front end and long term? Keep in mind it has to be hand held as far as the press. And compact.
----------------

Go ahead with your experiences. Add links and tutorials you have found to be accurate.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Reloading questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire