vendredi 29 janvier 2016

Safer human enhancement?

Hey guys, long time no post.

Some of you may remember that my business is in disaster recovery and incident management, so I tend to do quite a bit of research into how companies and organisations can best prepare and respond to emergencies.
Though I consider myself a prepper I tend to also neglect research into better ways for the individual or small group to cope with incidents.
So due to an unexpected break in my work I'm going to carry out some research. And tell you all about it.

This research revolves around the potential that various medicines may have in improving our and ours survival.

One such medicine is modafinil.

I am in the UK, so some of my research will not apply directly to my American or other friends.
I am throwing mysel into the deep end and will be initially doing a good deal of reading.

Modafinil is listed here as a prescription only medicine, meaning that it is illegal to sell but it is not illegal to buy.
If you are interested below are some of the initial resources I've come across and will be using;

modapharma.com/ - this website supplies the UK and as expected makes many claims that I hope to get to the bottom of, though they are well reviewed on other sites such as reddi

‘Fit for Work?: Redefining ‘Normal’ and ‘Extreme’ Through Human
Enhancement Technologies’
Brian Bloomfield and Karen Dale
Department of Organisation, Work and Technology
Lancaster University, UK
- an interesting academic
article into various types of 'human enhancement' including modafinil.

http://ift.tt/18wuJp5 - this article gives an account of a reporters not so positive experience, but it seems that the medication doesn't agree with him.

http://ift.tt/1s9p4WM - not a positive article, but it's use in suggests it may have potential in strenuous activities in emergencies, such as bugging out (there are several similar cases)

I'm going to carry out a lot of research, this is a sample of the kind of thing I'm looking at.

I'm reading into its potential use when applied to all kinds of emergency kits including BOB's GHB's GOOD gear, and how it might benefit bugging out, bugging in, going 'on stag' and others. (not sure if going "on stag" is only a British term for going on watch)

Watch this space in the coming weeks for updates.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Safer human enhancement?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire