lundi 1 février 2016

ever get that call when your an hour from home: "the Mtn is on fire"

I got it today when I was in town for my dentist appointment.

I'm very glad I put in fire roads, my house is untouched.

FD was trying to figure out where they could run the dozer (rough country) and I was able to tell them where and the existance of mine they could tie into.

I did the quick check in town when I got the news:
Thumb drive in my pocket, sets of clothing etc for a hotel stay, guns, money, electronics, chargers...

Even contacted insurance on my way here, I just set it up a few months ago but went over the policy.
I didn't know my guns are fully covered against any loss except theft. ($10k then)
I upped my coverage once they told me that!

Forrester guy took a look at my place, metal building with 360 gravel, and trees and brush cut back and told me I couldn't do more...

Picked up snacks and drinks for the FD, on fire watch till it rains tomorrow, got a couple cases of energy drinks.

Too bad as I was planning on going to bed early tonight.

**** happens, but I was as prepared as possible, and (as always) prepping pays off.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



ever get that call when your an hour from home: "the Mtn is on fire"

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire