dimanche 21 août 2016

80% lower receivers

I've been seriously considering getting a few 80% lowers, just in case things go south after November. But I've never machined one before, and I don't really know where to begin.

I know I would need a jig. I don't have a drill press, but I do have a nice handheld router and a handheld power drill, both made by DeWalt. Is that enough to do it myself? And to do it precisely and consistently across multiple lowers?

Also, what should I look for in an 80% lower? Is polymer worth considering, or should I stick with metal? If so, which metals? Would a 7075 forged piece be too hard to machine with my simple hand tools? What are some good companies?

I just need all the info I can get. Come on internet community, dump all your collective knowledge on me, I'm ready!

Let's block ads! (Why?)



80% lower receivers

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire