dimanche 21 août 2016

Expiration dates on topical creams and gels?

I was going through the "rolling medicine cabinet" first aid kit I've assembled over the past few years, checking expiration dates and making note of what is due to be rotated out or just plain replaced. I expected (correctly) that many of the OTC pain relievers, allergy meds and such were near or past their dates, but it had not previously occurred to me to check topical items like burn treatments, anti-itch creams, Neosporin, eye-wash solution and other such items until now. Being that some of those tend to be a bit spendy, I was not thrilled to find several past their dates.

For those types of products, especially if unopened, are the expiration dates pertaining more to the sterile packaging (ala bandages) or actual negative effects of/on the contents?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Expiration dates on topical creams and gels?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire